Monday, July 16, 2007

Eastward Ho - Day 1

Day 1 - July 6 -
I was so excited about our trip, I couldn’t wait to leave! I wanted to be able to see some stuff on the way rather than having to rush the 800 + miles to Niagara. I approached Kurt about leaving Friday night and driving part way. He agreed so we set out about 630 p.m. We made it about 20 miles down the road and we had to stop for supper! We pigged out at Pizza Ranch and then resumed our travels eastward. We made it as far as Geneseo, IL where we stayed at a not so cheap yet very cheap Super8. They said they had one room left, so we ended up in a so called suite. It reeked of pot so I called down to the front desk. He said he’d see what he could do. We could have a hot tub suite (more expensive, yet tempting) or a “I’ll give it to you for the same price” room with 3…count ‘em 3…double beds. We took that one. The room was humongous and freezing cold. I loved it! The next morning though, Kurt and I agreed, we are higher class hotel people despite our discount chain budget. The towels were like sand paper!

No comments: