Monday, April 28, 2008

In the picture on the previous post in the middle right side of the photo - that cement corner - the water was ABOVE that this weekend! The river crested at 17.96'. I think it's normally around 6 or 7'. We made the front page of the area paper.

We had a fabulous Saturday. We went to see Saltimbanco by Cirque du Soleil. It was awesome! It was the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen! (And I've seen some pretty cool things!) We were sitting with our mouths hanging open the entire time. We had fantastic seats too! We were in the 2nd row of the first balcony. It was perfect. It was worth ever penny we spent. I would see it again in a heartbeat! Now I want to go to Vegas so I can see their productions out there. I cannot recommend this show more highly.

After the show we had dinner at a new restaurant called Zin's. It's a tapas restaurant (though in Iowa they call it "small plates")(which may be because every time we say we went to a tapas restaurant people think we said "Topless" restaurant). It was very fancy. They took our coats when we got there. We didn't have reservations. I didn't think we'd need them at 5:45! We were able to sit and eat at the bar though.

We started with the calamari which was ok. Then we had the quail. It was very yummy when you ate a bit of all of it - quail, stuffing, and the delish sweet potato strips with maple. I usually hate sweet potato. Then we had the pot roast with the potato knish. We finished with the lobster cheesecake. It was like a cold lobster quiche. There were two of them. We inhaled them! I had signed up for their email so we had a free dessert. We took the Blueberry Choux cake. It was pretty yummy too! Oh, the chef also prepared an "amuse bouche" for everyone to try. It was goat cheese and garlic on toast with an apple chutney. I adore goat cheese! We had some drinks, too. It was a wonder wonder day!

No comments: