Sunday, December 21, 2008

Freezing my A** off

It's been a cold, cold, cold dull weekend. Overnight Thursday we got 8 - 10 inches of snow so of course there was no school on Friday. The kids don't go back until Jan 5.

Saturday the weather forecast said blizzard warnings for late Saturday night and all day on Sunday. Kurt, my parents, and I went to the Amanas to see the play Nuncraker. It was snowing a little when we left. We took the truck. By the time we got out of the show at 5 pm it was a full blown blizzard. We only had one super scary episode when we hit a patch of ice and fishtailed. Mom and I shrieked and Kurt kept it on the road. It was a long tense ride home.

Friday night I fell down the front steps in spectacular style. I hit my tailbone, my butt, my butt, my back, my back, both wrists and my ankle before face planting in the snow. I've been bruised and stiff all weekend. Today I can't bend or twist. Kurt is being very patient with me.

Kurt's been reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows all weekend. I've been channel surfing and taking advil. I also made a pumpkin pie and peppermint bark.

So overall my weekend has been as dull as this post :)

No comments: