Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Typical Weekend

Another typical weekend around here! Yesterday, we laid carpet in the dining room which included emptying the room of all processions. We had to cram them into the dining room, the front and back porch, and the basement. There is NOT a spare foot of space anywhere in this house! I have every suitcase and duffel bag we own filled with books and scrapbooking material.

Fred (the 17 year old) and Alex (the 14 year old) helped Kurt with the cutting, moving, and laying out. Meanwhile, I went to Menards with Nick (the 11 year old) to get the (wrong) kind of nails and other suppplies. While we were there he thought he lost his wallet. His goal is to earn enough money every week to buy a big bag of Twizzlers (which he did). We also went and bought him shoes...."why do I need another pair of shoes?"

When we got home I turned around and went and got groceries with Christy (the 10 year old). Fareway on a Saturday before a holiday is NOT my idea of a good time.

We got home and made lunch as the carpet project continued. The younger kids and the dog were banished to the outside, while Kurt worked on the carpet and I then began on assembling supper, making stuff for Easter, and doing homework. I had to go see a theatre production of The Boom Boom Room by David Rabe for my theatre class. (If it's near you, don't bother). It was endless and pointless.

Today we are going to my parents' for Easter dinner, continuing to reassemble the dining room, and I have to work. Happy Easter all!

No comments: