Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Robbers?

Last night was Christy's Christmas program. She told us last weekend that she was an elf and that other kids were Santa, cops, robbers, and a mayor. It was a hoot! The kindergarten thru 4th graders sang during the first part. Then the 5th graders put on a short play while the 4th and 5th graders acted as a chorus. The premise was that the robbers stole the key to Christmas. Christy looked scared to death. I'm sure the bright red spots on her elf cheeks made her look all the paler. She had 3 or 4 times that she spoke multiple lines. We are so amazed and proud. Being on stage in front of hundreds of people...Astounding progress for our backward, unsocialized former "home school" kid. She had a pointy green hat and pointy green shoes. Her elf smock had jingle bells on the ends. I had forgotten my camera. I still don't have the hang of this mom thing.

I got my birthday $ from my aunt so I bought the Garth Brooks cd set. It's not what i thought it would be but it's still pretty good. She also sent $ to get the dog groomed. Thank goodness. He's a little stink pot!

Fred is here today. He's gonna apply for jobs. Do I hear an "amen?"

No comments: