Sunday, November 11, 2007

To Caucus or Not to Caucus

Since we live in Iowa the presidential campaign has already been going on for WAY over a year. All the media outlets say how important the Iowa Caucuses are to the process. I'm not sure I believe that. I know that I'm sick of all the politicos being here. I get more phone calls from Barak Obama than I do from my friends!

I'm thinking that I should participate in the caucus since I'm here and I've listened to all these candidates for so long. It seems you can't turn around with out bumping into one or seeing their campaign bus.

I remember my parents caucused at least once when I was a kid. What else am I going to be doing on January 3? Also what's the point if the person I like isn't one of the front runners? The media is saying that if Edwards doesn't win here he may as well hang it up. If that's the case what chance to Bill Richardson or the guy with the big ears and the hot wife have?

No comments: