Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sugar Overload

Alex had to make no bake cookies for his foods class. It's not often that something is too sweet for me, but MAN these cookies are sweet! They turned out pretty well, but I'm wondering if he wrote the amount of sugar down correctly.

Apparently, I have an exceptional set of measuring spoons since I have an 1/8 teaspoon and a 1/2 tablespoon measure, neither of which are standard according to Mr. Food. However, the praise I garnered for the spoons was quickly replaced with scorn for my "plain salt" and "imitation vanilla". He said, scathingly, "iodinized salt is better for you." RE the vanilla I told him to look further and i have real vanilla from Mexico (no doubt harvested by exploited Mexicans).

I've decided to take the kids to the Renaissance Faire. They seldom beg for anything, but I woke up today to Nick in armor, Alex armed with a sword and dagger, and Christy picking out an appropriate medieval outfit. Fred, of course, was a lump on the coach.

No comments: