Saturday, September 03, 2005

YIKES!!

I had my first run in with the PP today. I went to pick up the kids since Kurt is out of town.

She got out of the van screaming and yelling; demanding to know where Kurt was. She then told me I didn't need to have the kids. I replied that we have custody on the weekends. She said, "Kurt does. You don't."

My heart was racing and I was shaking. I left and called Kurt. I drove a mile down the road and waited while he got it all straightened out with her. I ended up being able to pick up them up and bring them home. As soon as I got to the farm I turned around so I was headed out. I left the engine running and didn't get out.

Christy ran out to the car and hopped in. She exclaimed, "I love you" as soon as she got in. We got home at 2:15. None of them had eaten or bathed. Christy and Nick hadn't bathed since last weekend when they were here.

I can not imagine how Kurt lived there as long as he did. I'm shocked the kids aren't worse off than they are. I had planned on taking them to the Renaissance Fest tomorrow, but her reaction has me spooked. I'm worried that something bad might happen while we are there and it would give her fuel. I think we'll go see the March of the Penguins.

No comments: