Thursday, May 22, 2008

Art in the Park



Saturday Kurt and I went to the Marian Arts Fest. The weather was gorgeous! Bright. Sunny. Springy. Iowa ~ one day in few ~ when it is idyllic. Kurt got me a parallelogram shaped purse I can wear sideways from Helen's Daughters. That lady was doing a heckuva business. I bet she sold out early in the day.

Too bad my nephew is into trains instead of Robots. I would have gotten him one of these awesome lamps.

As usual there was some fantastic photography. Once again it served to remind me that I used to be a professional and creative.

Today, I'm busy packing. Kurt and I, Rikki and her girlfriend, Amy are going to San Francisco for the weekend. Our justification for the trip is to celebrate Kurt's birthday and their 4th Anniversary. At the end of the weekend, the three of us are coming home while Amy is continuing onto China with her college's academic society.

I plan on eating my weight in crabs and clams. We're going to Alcatraz at sunset, we've got a hop on hop off bus tour, and we may go to a drag brunch on Sunday. It would be cool to see some non Iowa drag queens (as well as some I don't personally know!)

Rikki and Amy have never been to SF. Kurt has been, but mostly on business. I have been many times and LOVE IT! San Francisco is still my favorite city on earth. Hopefully, she won't disappoint this weekend.

No comments: