Sunday, August 07, 2005

Not much new

So far the weekend has been relaxing. Christy is constructing a "Marble Course". She is quite the recycler. It is made of toilet tissue tubes, tape, yarn, and a raisin bran box. She's about to test it out on the front porch.

We were going to go to the river today for a picnic. However, I decided I can't face 4 hours in the car with the kids so I think we are going to head to Pine Lake State Park for our picnic. Tonight we may go the see a waterski show. (FREE!).

Fred continues to be Fred. Turns out Nick is a lot like him. If you want either of them to be quiet ask them a direct question. Alex has also had moments of "delightfulness" this weekend. Namely, when we told him he could ride a head on the bike trail yesterday if he kept an eye on his sister. We watched him catch up to her, lap her, and then end up on the opposite side of the lake from her. Good job, son. I scolded him, sent him back around, and then lo and behold he he came ALONE again. Nice.

We've told all the kids we're getting them haircuts during vacation. Hopefully if the PP comes near them with a bowl and scissors they will run screaming in the other direction.

Kurt was so sweet. He bought me a dozen roses without OBVIOUS PROMPTING (yeah right) at the Evil Empire yesterday. I paid for them and said (loudly), "oh honey! You are so thoughtful and spontaneous!" I'm surprised the look he gave me didn't wilt the flowers. The lady behind us laughed, her husband laughed nervously, and the 16 yr old male clerk looked frightened!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

She still liked the flowers.

I guess I'm just a 'steady Eddie'.

LOL.

Marnie said...

Ask H how many flowers I used to get. It was awesome, and sickening. It has been several years now.... altho, that may be because I am always on him for spending too much $$$.