Wednesday, December 06, 2006

So Sad

I realize I haven't been a parent for very long, but some people's parenting style appalls me! Christy had a friend come over after school. That in itself is great. I'm glad she's making friends and wants to socialize. Of course, Christy still doesn't know our phone number so she couldn't give it to the girl's parents so they could call us to check us out (which I will require before Christy goes over there).

They walked here after school, had a snack, and got to the playing. I asked Christy when the girl had to be home and what her last name was. She said "I don't know" and "I"ll ask" to both the questions.

As it was getting darker I went down and asked the girl what time she had to be home. She said, "My mom doesn't care. Whenever. I should probably be home before it's too dark though." Well it's winter in Iowa. It was already 5 o'clock and pitch dark. Now keep in mind the girl's mom has virtually NO idea where her 11 year old daughter is, when she'll be back, and whether or not there are any adults present! Once it hit 5:30 I had Alex and Christy walk her home. Christy asked if she could come over again tomorrow. I wonder what the family situation is at that house.

No comments: