Friday, August 01, 2008

Dampa

Shrimp on the right, calamisa and peppers in the back, shrimp paste, mango, tomato and onion on the right.


This is a lapu-lapu fish. You can sort of see his teeth on the left. I think it's a type of grouper.


Manila clams with cheese and garlic. YUM!! The shells are black with a little iridescent green on the edges.


Yes, that is a fish head in my soup. And what i thought was a green bean. Turns out it was.....

an adult one of these chilis! The calamansi are like a really tart lime.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so glad you had this opportunity to travel. Thank you for sharing your pictures and stories. I almost feel like I was there. The farmer's market reminds me of how it was in South Korea,especially the meat hanging in the open air! I am glad you are home safe and sound.