Saturday, April 23, 2005

A BIG Day

It's been a big day around here! We are celebrating Nicky's city birthday today. His actual birthday is Thursday and he'll be on the farm that day. He's turning 12. We had an early afternoon of opening 2 presents so he would have a chance to play before dark. Alex gave him roller blades and we gave him a helmet. The rest of the presents will be later this afternoon when we have the party featuring Chicago style pizza and a Pikmin cake. I did a kick ass job on it if I do say so myself (plus I got spontaneous compliments from all the kids)(Although Alex is disgruntled because the frosting isn't done in perfect thirds).
Fred got his ACT scores back today. He did awesome!!! We are very proud of him and are feeling somewhat better about the kids' educations. He got a composite score of 31! I think he was impressed too.
Another big thing is I cleaned...no make that scrubbed...the bathroom. I should really be more diligent about it.
We stopped at an estate tag sale. I got a SOCK MONKEY!!! I am thrilled. Christy got a flat of stuff for 50 cents which included a plumed (or plummed as my brother-in-law, Todd, would say) pen. Kurt got some old dusty books to add to our collection of old dusty books.
Tonight we are going to see Sweeney Todd with my dad, and our friends, Kevin and Teresa. It'll be nice to get out.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

I had no idea you wanted a sock monkey. When are you going to post the pictures of the cake?

Heather said...

See above for the cake picture. I have trouble uploading pictures easily. I should put one of the sock monkey on!