Sunday, April 10, 2005

Come to Jesus

I was so mad I was shaking! We had a come to Jesus meeting with the kids today regarding education, respect, and responsibility. Don't get me wrong, they are great kids 98% of the time, but the other 2%......

( As a side note, since becoming a bonus mom, I've apologized to my parents for my behavior as a child and thanked them for allowing me to live). Anyhoo, the children will now be doing their homework Saturday mornings before they get TV, computer, or free time. They will be doing it at the dining room table, and they will be completing it to OUR satisfaction not theirs.

I took half a day of vacation to work on a school project. I'm waiting for Kurt to get home to help me since it involves math. He and 3 of 4 kids have gone on errands. Fred is getting in driving practice while Christy and Nicky are looking at new bikes (once they arrive at their destitination). I answered a post on www.freecycle.org offering bikes that are their size.

Alex had a great party. He got roller blades, a helmet, knee, elbow and wrist guards from us. My parents got him a Harry Potter book, Fred gave him a Lord of the Rings video game, and Christy gave him a dollar. My grandpa also gave him some cash. As Gramp says "it's always the right size and color."

No comments: