Thursday, May 26, 2005

How quickly we Forget

I can't sleep. I just spent the last hour trying to figure out what my ex husband's grandparents' and sister's names were. Why I have no idea. I finally managed it though, which is pretty much the only thing I accomplished today. I guess I had a nap and I washed a load of dishes, too.

My friend Denice's husband, Brian, died in a freak accident on Sunday. Kurt and I went to the visitation tonight. The funeral is tomorrow. It was changed from the Methodist church to the Catholic church because a huge show of law enforcement is expected. Brian was a county deputy. Brian and Denice's 15 year old son, Adam, were fishing when their boat capsized. Both were wearing life jackets, but only Adam survived. I don't see Denice much, but I hurt very much for both of them. I can not imagine what they are going through. She and Brian have only been married since '99. He made her incredibly happy. I was supposed to be in their wedding, but I had a contract to photograph another one. That wedding cancelled and I was at least able to attend theirs. Maybe I'm feeling my mortality and that's why I can't sleep. I can't imagine how my life would be without Kurt and the kids.

I realize my blog hasn't been very amusing lately. Hopefully that will change! We didn't think we had the kids this weekend, but found out we do. So much for our weekend alone. So much for our plan to not have to buy groceries. I think we'll manage though. We have a graduation party, and a house warming party (free food for 6!) as well as a family cook out at my parents. Hopefully, my mom will make too much food as always!

No comments: