Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Day weekend

The weather has been gorgeous! I even got to spend a few minutes out in it. I had to work for 4 hours yesterday. When I got home I found Kurt in the garage sorting and pitching. He really knows how to turn a woman on! I pulled up a chair and a trash can and started to help. We now need a dumpster for all the trash. I need to go down and fill the Wonder Twin's garbage can, too.

We are having a garage sale on July 9 to get rid of some of these treasures. I figure the valuable stuff that doesn't sell can then be ebayed. I can not believe how many toys the kids have. I sorted thru a bunch of really disgusting boxes. I'd find dinosaurs, legos, sprocket thingies, a filthy sock, some petrified French fries, and then some other piece of crapola. Then I'd open another box and do it again.

Fred sorted thru a couple of his boxes and designated some stuff for garage sale. I'm so proud!

Sunday we had a really nice BBQ at my parents. Marn and Todd were up and Grandpa was over. We had awesome burgers and slow roasted weinies and brats. I took a ton of fruit and raw veggies. I think Nicky must have eaten his weight in the stuff. My dad took 3 of 4 Hansens to Osborne. There is a wildlife display and visitors center there. They also went thru Backbone State Park. Nick and Christy filled up the memory card on my camera. That's never happened before!

We left the farm around 5 and came back here to go to a house warming party. There were a lot of kids there. It was great for our kids to be able to interact and socialize with other kids and adults. Someone brought Bocci balls so Kurt and the kids were playing that while I played with my favorite baby girl, Alytha. Her mom, Korrena, is one of my best friends. I also got to hang out with her 2 year old son, Sam (who now sports a mohawk). Nicky continued to fill up on fruit, cheese, and veggies at this party. When it was time to go all the kids disappeared back in the house. I thought they were using the bathroom. In fact they were grabbing one last scotcheroo!

No comments: