Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Time waits for No one

My grandpa passed away tonight. I was on my way to see him when the nurse called and said she thought the end was near. I asked if my mom and my aunt were there. She said she would check with the nurse in the room and call me right back. She called back with in 2 or 3 minutes. She said my mom was not there and "I'm pretty sure he's gone." I was 8 minutes away. I wanted to be there with him. When I left this morning I didn't think that would be the last time I would see him. I was going to be there tonight to try and get him to eat supper. My aunt was with him and so was a nurse I liked. I'm glad he wasn't alone. I'm glad he isn't in anymore pain. I'm glad he didn't linger on. I just wish he could have waited another 10 minutes.

No comments: