Thursday, June 23, 2005

Not Such a Treat

Rice a Roni almost caused my demise today.

I came home for lunch. Made some of the "San Francisco Treat", proceeded to watch the Travel Channel, and almost choke to death.

I apparently coughed and inhaled at the same time or something. A piece of lightly browned vermicelli wedged in my throat. I started to cough, then gasp for air, then get hot and sweaty, then panic, then gasp for please God a breath of air, cough so forcefully I pee some, try to decide if i needed hemliching, stagger to the kitchen and puke repeatedly in the sink all the while gasping for air. I got dizzy. I continued to gasp for air panting, waiting for my heart to slow down. I call Kurt at work and start to cry. I've never choked like that before.

Now I'm starving (I did puke up my lunch after all) and my throat hurts. It was a scary afternoon.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

Glad you are alive! Maybe you didn't cough and inhale at the same time. Maybe it's your Arnold acting up.

Heather said...

I wondered if it wasn't my Arnold. I won't make it to 90 if it is. The weight loss would do me good however.

Jennifer Hansen said...

That definitely was not a San Francisco Treat! Glad you're ok!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you pulled through. No more watching the Travel channel while eating!