Thursday, June 02, 2005

Stop and smell the Roses

I love roses. A great gift for me is a rose bush rather than a bouquet of roses. I bought a 2 pack of Jumbo roses for $10 a month or so ago. I got 2 yellow Beauty Queen "Golden Showers" climbing yellow rose. I only wanted one but it was a 2 pk! I tried to sell one to my sister but it was a no-go.

I was at Sam's today stocking up on veggies and cereal for the vultures when I noticed the 2 pks are now down to $6! So I got another. I wanted white but they were looking pretty dead and shriveled up. Therefore I got a pink "Gene Boerner". Pale pink roses on light green foliage. I am VERY excited. I stayed outside until a gigantic mosquito chomped on my ankle.

My computer is infected with a nasty virus. Kurt has been working on it for 3 days now. Apparently 2, 999,999 other people have it too. I feel soooooo special.

Tomorrow is Friday. woo hoo. As if it matters. Hopefully, it'll be nice in the morning and I can garden some more.

We have several upcoming events. We have a garage sale on July 9 and then hopefully we'll have sold enough crap there will be space enough for our LUAU on July 23. Mark your calendars!

No comments: