Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Z pack and a Coma

The cough continues. Kurt decided to look at my throat. He said my tonsils were the size of grapes and I needed to go back to the doctor. So yesterday I went back to urgent care. I was the only patient. I thought "well this is nice". I definitely spoke too soon. Both the intake nurse and the doctor had ice running thru their veins. I believe they were both at the top of their class, Unfriendly 101. I had to explain to them, yes, I had been in before (i could see that info on the chart from my seat on the paper covered table) the reason of my visit (could see that too), and that I had a cough (which they could tell if they were listening to me at all). I convinced them the bacteria was still around. I walked out with a Z pack and cough syrup with codeine. Needless to say, most of the rest of the day was spent passed out on the couch.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope you get better. What is Z pack?

Heather said...

Thanks rach! It's zithromax. A high powered antibiotic. Take 2 the first day then 1 for the next 4 days...it works for days 6-10 too. It usually works for me.