Saturday, June 04, 2005

A Perfect Day

Today was pretty close to perfect. Korrena and I went garage saleing for almost 4 hours this morning. I got BAGS of stuff! Kurt sent money with me since I was looking for stuff for the kids. I could get used to being given $ to sale with! I got 10 items @.25 each of clothing for Christy yesterday. Today I got her a Old Navy bibs, some jeans, shorts, shirts and some dresses. I got all of the boys pants and shorts. Also found a pair of barely used rollerblades and gear (still in the box!) for Christy. We had the baby with us. She was really good. I got her a cute little outfit & something for the niece or nephew to be., too.

I got home and got to spend some QT with Kurt. He sorted papers and cleaned up the office while i was gone. We had a quick lunch and he headed out to get the kids. (We called ahead and told them to be sure to eat lunch). I went out to the garage and got back to sorting stuff. Once they got home the kids that weren't bathing helped sort. We got rid of a lot. I am sooooo excited.

Kurt treated us all to a movie. We saw EPISODE III - WHATEVER OF THE SITH. I've been waiting since 1977 to find out some of those answers. It was great. I remember when light sabers only came in one color and Yoda just sat there. It was an awesome movie.

We got home and much to everyone's dismay we continued to sort. The kids gave me permission to toss as I see fit!! I asked if they understood the implications of their statement........

We had tacos al fresco for supper as we were serenaded by the sounds of the Battle of the Bands in Brynes Park. Dishes are done, kids are asleep, house is reasonably picked up, I'm having some ice cream and calling it a day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We went and saw Revenge of the Sith Saturday afternoon too! I was thinking the same thing about the light sabers! It is good to know the whole story now.